With multiple generations of talent in the workforce, differences in people’s preferences and ways of working are more prominent than ever, presenting a myriad of challenges for leaders and managers. Generational diversity gives an organization a range of talents to confront these challenges, however managing varied skill sets, approaches, and fixed mindsets can exhaust and stifle unprepared leaders. In order to understand and appreciate the wide variety of differences among workers from each generation, while engaging and deploying all their talents, they need to develop strategies for themselves and their workers to achieve maximum productivity and success.
In this highly engaging and interactive workshop, participants will be exposed to a comprehensive overview of each generation, identify personal leadership and communication styles, and explore methods to successfully tap into the individual value each generation brings to the workforce. As a result, they will leave with a personal plan to change the way they manage, with a growth mindset, viewing differences as strengths and challenges as opportunities.
- To understand the values, expectations, and preferences of each generational group.
- To identify personal leadership traits and how they enhance, and hinder, one’s ability to lead a multigenerational workforce effectively.
- To explore how personal generational traits and characteristics affect work values and preferences for leadership, motivation, engagement, rewards, and recognition.
- To understand the perceptual process, and how it affects the ways in which we interact with others.
- To identify a personal leadership brand and methods to ensure it is communicated accurately and effectively.
- To identify strategies to meet the needs of individuals based on their generational affiliations.
- To demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with and engage employees from multiple generations.
- To develop a personal leadership action plan that reflects a growth mindset of altering our thought processes about and approaches to managing individuals from multiple generational groups.
- A thorough understanding of each generational group in the workforce today.
- Identification of one’s current leadership mindset – approach, characteristics, strengths and challenges – and how they positively and negatively affect the ability to motivate, engage, and lead a multigenerational workforce.
- An understanding of the perceptual process and how it affects the ways in which individuals engage with and interact with others.
- A personal leadership brand and strategies to ensure it is reflected in personal behaviors, decisions and actions.
- Strategies to effectively manage and meet the unique needs of individuals from each generational group.
- A leadership action plan based on acquired knowledge, understanding and appreciation of each generational group.
- A highly-skilled and knowledgeable facilitator with over 25 years of experience educating and empowering others to achieve personal and professional success
- A workbook containing Power Point slides, tools, resources, and handouts for use at the conclusion of the session
- An action plan template to implement strategies for future success
- Interactive discussions, activities, and simulations that allow participants to apply concepts into practice.
Cancellation Policy: 5 working days for full refund. Cancellations after that time are charged full tuition for the course.
For more information regarding refund, concerns, and/or program cancellation policies please contact our offices at 919-878-7100 ext. 22