Simply defined, coaching is one person guiding another through a process, leading to performance enhancement. The ability to coach others is a core competency for those helping organizations to grow, successfully navigate through change, and implement professional development initiatives for its employees. Coaching helps clarify vision, beliefs, and values, and stretches the capacity to lead and influence others at all levels and at various stages of their career.
Obtaining the knowledge and tools to effectively coach others is an invaluable asset that not only benefits the person serving as the coach, but also his/her peers, reports, mentees, and/or team members. At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will have the benefit of a powerful, integrated learning experience providing the means to have better conversations, build stronger relationships, influence and motivate others, and serve as a catalyst for better business results.
- To understand the premise of coaching and the benefits of coaching others.
- To appreciate the need for self-awareness in order to be an effective coach.
- To distinguish the difference between coaching, mentoring, counseling, and consulting.
- To recognize the essential components of a coaching relationship – trust, confidentiality, and accountability.
- To understand the competencies of coaching – values, integrity, honesty, trust, empathy, nonjudgment, and openness.
- To determine the various scenarios in which coaching is applicable and effective.
- To create coaching rituals to begin, manage and conclude a coaching session.
- To understand the coaching process – strategies, approaches, and.
- To learn various obstacles faced by coaches and how to overcome them.
- To learn and develop the communication skills necessary for effective coaching.
- To demonstrate the ability to coach others.
- To develop a personal coaching plan to utilize in the workplace – as a peer, supervisor, or mentor.
- An understanding of what coaching is and the impact it has personally and on others.
- An awareness of how to establish the essential components of a coaching relationship.
- The knowledge and skills necessary to reflect and implement the competencies and values of coaching.
- An understanding of who can be coached and in what contexts.
- A thorough understanding of the coaching process and the role in which one serves as a coach.
- An awareness the obstacles one faces when coaching others and the strategies to overcome each one.
- Effective coaching communication skills.
- The experience of serving as coach, coachee, and observer.
- A well-defined coaching plan.
- Education and training provided by a knowledgeable and experienced delegation workshop facilitator.
- Experimental learning activities.
- Application exercises that will lead to a deeper understanding of the concepts and potential outcomes.
- Group exercises and discussions.
- Role-playing sessions that allow participants to put theory into practice.
Cancellation Policy: 5 working days for full refund. Cancellations after that time are charged full tuition for the course.
For more information regarding refund, concerns, and/or program cancellation policies please contact our offices at 919-878-7100 ext. 22