According to a 2016 analysis by Deloitte University, Millennials have inched past other generations to own the largest share of the US labor market. Yet, once these young professionals enter the workforce it becomes crystal clear that the values and ideals of the Boomer generation continue to prevail, which are in stark contrast to their own. Furthermore, in addition to having to learn to navigate through their office culture, Millennials are also faced with overcoming numerous stereotypes associated with their generation and many have not been “schooled” on how to rise above these challenges. While Millennial’s education, technology skills, and networking abilities are highly valuable resources, their employers are looking for them to adjust and adapt to the “people” aspects of the job.
In this highly-engaging, interactive workshop, participants will gain and understanding of the various nuances of each generation, including their values, influences, motivators, and communication styles. In addition, they will learn how perceptions are formed, identify strategies to overcome those that serve as obstacles to their success, and demonstrate the ability to positively affect the environment and culture in which they operate. At the conclusion, participants will be armed with an action plan, comprised of tactics and approaches that will position them favorably in their roles.
- To understand the values, expectations, and preferences of each generational group.
- To understand the perceptual process, and how it contributes to interactions with others.
- To identify a personal/professional brand and methods to ensure it is communicated accurately and effectively.
- To understand the various aspects of the four communication styles, as well as identify one’s personal style and the role it plays when interacting with others.
- To identify personal behaviors and actions that potentially contribute to communication breakdown and false perceptions held by others.
- To demonstrate the ability to be flexible and adaptable in a multigenerational workplace.
- To develop a personal action plan that includes steps one will take to achieve intended goals for success.
- A thorough understanding of each generational group in the workforce today.
- Determination of one’s personal/professional “brand” and strategies to reflect each aspect through decisions, actions and behaviors.
- An understanding of the perceptual process and how it affects the ways in which individuals engage and interact with others.
- Identification of one’s communication style and how to best interact with those who possess each of the other three.
- Self-awareness of one’s behaviors and actions.
- A personal action plan for success.
- A highly-skilled and knowledgeable facilitator with over 25 years of experience educating and empowering others to achieve personal and professional success.
- A workbook containing Power Point slides, tools, resources, and handouts for use at the conclusion of the session.
- An action plan template to implement strategies for future success.
- Interactive discussions, activities, and simulations that allow participants to apply concepts into practice.
Cancellation Policy: 5 working days for full refund. Cancellations after that time are charged full tuition for the course.
For more information regarding refund, concerns, and/or program cancellation policies please contact our offices at 919-878-7100 ext. 22